WHAT IS New Dawn Community? It is a high school for orphans & disadvantaged young people in Laikipia, Kenya.
The MONEY you give GOES A LONG WAY! For less than it takes to send one missionary couple overseas, we are running an entire high school for 100 orphans, including food & housing!
- For a total monthly budget of only $5,400 total, 100 students are given a home, food, clothes & a great Christian education.
- Your donation accomplishes so much because we are entirely run by volunteers in the US. Many of the volunteers are donors themselves.
Hover Bubble for Thumbnail, Picture to Pause – Click (respectively) to Go To The Picture or Page if Linked (Pointing Hand)
SELF-SUSTAINABILITY: The $5,400 goes so far because we have started New Dawn on the path to self-sustainability. They grow their own corn, tomatoes, bell peppers (they call capsicum) and mangos. They have cows & chickens for milk & eggs, and we’re working to increase the number of animals so they completely supply their own milk & eggs.
A TOP NOTCH EDUCATION! Our students scored 18th in the NATION of Kenya on the KCSE this year, out of thousands of schools. The KCSE is like the SAT. This was only our 3rd graduating class. We scored 30th the previous year. 38 of our 72 graduates are in university in Kenya. These are phenomenal results. Our original goal was simply to get orphans off the street. But, the hand of God, through our amazing Kenyan director, Pastor James, and his wonderful committed staff, has done “more than we could ask or imagine!”
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Pray for the orphans & the staff.
- Sponsor a student for $30 (Bronze), $60 (Silver) or $90 (Gold) per month. Click “DONATE” at the top of this webpage.
- Give a one-time donation to a project.
- Volunteer in the US, or go to Kenya in July, 2013 to help interview the students, or can help us find more sponsors. Click on the “GET INVOLVED” at the top of this webpage.
WE NEED YOUR HELP & IDEAS TO FIND SPONSORS. Here are some other things you can do. …
- Share us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/NewDawnCommunities.
- Hold a bake sale.
- Do a game booth at a local event or carnival so people learn how they can sponsor an orphan and change a kid’s world.
- Distribute coffee cans marked with “A Dollar a Day keeps Despair Away”.
- Do a “Free Cookies for Orphans” day at a local grocery or Walmart, to get info out about sponsoring a student.
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. – Isaiah 60:1
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. – Proverbs 4:18
“Founders of New Dawn Communities”
Click images below to view full size.